FET saturation and Power amplifier saturation

Absolutamente! I really like those. Not too many stations out there :-(

Do you know a good station on the web that does not play any "mainstream repetitions"?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

is streaming the 80+ year old WSM Country Music station in Nashville. It has a world class music library, with a lot of music that was performed live at the Ryman auditorium, or the Opry House. The Ryman was a revival hall built in the 1800s, before the days of amplified music and vocals. It has a distinct audio quality that can be recognized in a couple notes. Also, they have several months worth of archives, if you don't care for what's on the live stream.

They play a mix of new and old during the day, and oldies several nights a week. Live Opry shows on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. They mix Country, Western, Cowboy, Bluegrass, Cajun and Southern Gospel music into a nice format.

Its on except when they carry a nascar race. Nothing is more boring than listening to a couple guys talking about a race, and trying to dress up their pig with a little country music.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks! I also like Cajun and Gospel so this should be cool. Will try out this afternoon since the PC in the office doesn't have speakers. The one in the lab sounds like a fox after three packs of Marlboros but I can hook something up to it. There is an old amp somewhere in the garage.

I don't like any sports on radio or TV. With the exception of Brazilian soccer commentators. They really rock.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Do you need a decent set of computer speakers? I have several sets, so you could have a set for the shopping costs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks, Michael, but I've got a few big ones (this amp would blow PC speakers). Plus some smaller ones from a DVD player from a yard sale. It's surround sound which we don't need, meaning lots of little speakers that are quite good. Yeah, we have a DVD player now. Number of DVDs viewed in the three months we had it: One movie, one short DVD from church. So I'm not sure we really need a DVD player ....

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

FET'ssaturationregion and thesaturationpointof a power amplifier? From what I have read, the FET has three

Thanks all for your responses, the summary of which seems to be power amplifier saturation and FET saturation are not necessarily related. The same word is just used to apply to different siutations, and for power amplifiers saturation happens when the output voltage/current peaks at the power supply limit.

Thanks again. Mees

Reply to
m_oylulan

FET'ssaturationregion and thesaturationpointof a power amplifier? From what I have read, the FET has three

Not necessarily, but usually. The younger amplifier stages begin to drive the FETs more and more into saturation when the amp has run out of steam, when the rail voltages have been reached.