How does the rated on resistance of an N-FET differ for IDS < 0?

Hi there - in FET datasheets they always give lots of nice VDS vs IDS charts and so on, but always for positive VDS and positive IDS. They also will give limited specs for the body diode. But what if VGS > 0 and VDS < 0? My undertanding is that a FET can pass current in the reverse direction nearly as well as in the forward direction - but is that true? I can't find anything to back that up in any FET datasheets.

If it matters, this is the FET I'm most interested in the reverse current characteristics of:

Thanks!

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

of:

Expect the resistance to be nearly constant at +/- a diode drop from VDS=0, actually decreasing slightly as the voltage becomes more negative, and eventually of course you get into the diode region and it's the diode that offers the bulk of the conduction at that point.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

ata/irlr8715cpbf.pdf

Hi Tom - that answers my question perfectly. Thanks!

-Michael

Reply to
Michael