FET pinch off and cutoff voltage

I am wondering why the magntidue of FET cutoff voltage is the same as the pinch off voltage ? Is there a clear explanation on this ?

Reply to
gwyoon7

There are multiple definitions, including some by manufacturers on their datasheets, such as Vgs for Id = 250uA, etc., and they all result in different voltages, not the same voltage.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hello Win,

Just like in grandma's recipes. Add a "pinch" of salt. Now how much is a pinch, really?

Hope you guys can put the waders and boats away now. Your flooding looked worse than what we had in California a month earlier. Except that a few hills came down, including some houses on their slopes.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Wonder how Boston and Cambridge are doing along the Charles? Most of that "land" is reclaimed.

...Jim Thompson

Here's two webcams that might help during daylight. Not much to see now.

  1. Downtown looking toward the Back Bay:

  1. The Boston Harbor Cam updates every five minutes during daylight hours:

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Reminds me. Ask a person not familiar with the area, "Where's Back Bay" ?:-)

Likewise the location of the Boston Massacre plaque always amused me.

...Jim Thompson

1/32nd teaspoon comes to mind. ;-)

It's probably on

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

I thought they filled it in in the 1800's. Isn't it under Fenway Park?

Here's some maps showing the landfill in progress:

And here's one showing where it is now:

Amuse us. Where is it?

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Found it.

"A simple circle of cobblestones marks the site where five American colonists were killed by British soldiers in 1770. The brutality of this incident helped spark the anti-British rage that ultimately led to the American Revolution."

Kind of humbling.

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Kind of inaccurate, more like. Since "America" didn't exist as such until 1776, I think you'll probably find that those "American colonists" were in fact British settlers killed by their own people and consequently no good cause to rebel against the benevolent and kindly rule of G3. This sort of disingenuous and all-too-prevalent anti-British propaganda really gets on my thr'pennies.

Reply to
paul

A totally misrepresented propaganda incident wherein the typical drunken Boston low-life wharve rat trash were harassing British soldiers by pelting them with rocks, ice, and snow balls. The British dropped them on the spot with rifle fire, in self-defense, and after being pushed too far. That so-called plaque is not worth taking a dump on.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

And (IIRC) John Adams successfully defended the British Troops in court.

I've heard some recent historical suggestions that the other Adams (Sam) wrote untruths in his newspaper to incite such situations... as in (untruthfully) saying the Brits were raping our young girls (whilst studying their resistor tables ;-)

...Jim Thompson

As a Canadian, American history is of little interest to me, so I won't get involved in another interminable political thread.

But someone throws a snowball at you, and you drop them with rifle fire?

And that is considered self-sefense?

I guess either story has some tourism value. I'm outta here:)

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Hello Mike,

Hmm, seems there is no daylight in Boston :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

That's what a fine summer evening looks like in Boston ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's OK. The other webcam is stuck permanently on August 27, 2005, and the two boats are still headed for a collision:)

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

The people operating the webcam are probably the same people who certified the concrete in the "Big Dig", so they're on the lam ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Except for Violet, who gave willingly.

Reply to
Richard Henry

There's at least one in every town. In my overly religious southern community it was, naturally, the preacher's daughter ;-)

...Jim Thompson

From some of the other blunders I've read, they have probably stolen a boat and are now trying to paddle it across the Back Bay as we speak:) Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to