Favorite reverse bias protection for battery circuits

At least, if you fall in, it'll go BUMP! rather than SPLAT! ;-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Dunno, I wasn't in the service. I was 12 at the time. In "research", the rules are whatever you make them to be ;-)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

I'm saying that as a 12 year old kid, after 3 months of eating

*only* C-rations, there was absolutely *nothing* that I "looked forward to" in those little green cans!
Reply to
D Yuniskis

Fall in what? You'd need a backhoe or TNT to open a hole. Who can wait that lobg to go?

Michael A. Terrell

Not even the arsenic tablets?

Michael A. Terrell

Like I said, these were EXPIRED C-rats, IIRC, it was 1973, and they were manufactued in the 50's...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

The instructor was also wrong. The emissivity of human skin in the thermal IR is very high and is independent of pigmentation. If anything, black skin will freeze slightly slower in the daytime, due to absorbing a bit more sunlight.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

The ones I had in '74 were made for the Korean war. The were made before I was born.

Michael A. Terrell

were

Sigh. Daylight was less than 30 minutes. Nighttime was 23 hours & 30 minutes. It was cold weather survival training, not a simple camping trip. If you didn't follow orders, you died.

Michael A. Terrell

My Father used to get Canadian military rations for me. I used them for hunting and fishing trips they weren't that bad. They provided incentive to catch fish anyway's. ;-)

The meat Taco Bell uses kind of reminds me of the Salisbury steak you get in C-Rats. I ate at taco bell once.

I don't know about US rations but Salisbury steak was just ground hamburger or a poor facsimile of it smothered in what is supposed to be gravy.

On the plus side you always got some stale chiklets or a chocolate bar.

Reply to
Hammy

The ones I used were so old they were packed with a few squares of TP and two cigarettes. :(

Michael A. Terrell

how

I'll bet that it is at least 6 months. Of course by then the unit (or=20 even one determined individual) will have gotten to everything else=20 available within reach of half a days march or more.

Reply to
JosephKK

that were

supposed to

rather

taste.

Jim

Affirmative action at its finest.

Reply to
JosephKK

Unfortunately. :(

He, and his roommate would fill two 32 gallon trash cans with empty beer and whiskey bottles before inspection, every Monday morning. Both drank every cent of their pay, and whatever they could borrow, every month. They were so bad that they couldn't function without alcohol.

Michael A. Terrell

I bet you were looking forward to a really good dump ;=)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Or the 'Roto Rooter' man...