Fast solid-state relay or similar component

I'm looking for a fast solid-state relay or similar component that can support AC current (2.5kHz, 0-5V), has an on-time and off-time of .1ms (or less), and resistance less than 50 ohms. Of course, cheaper is better. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! Dave

Reply to
dave.harper

Maybe the ADG451. It has 4 switches, 4 ohm On resistance and if you need to switch AC, there is Vdd, Vss and GND, e.g. with Vdd=10V and Vss=-10V, it should be possible to switch AC. Maximum continuus current is 100mA and one application is audio and video switching, so 2.5 kHz should be no problem. Maximum switching time is 70ns.

Only drawback: not as cheap as 74HC4066:

Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

Thanks for the advice. I ended up browsing a little more, and found this chip:

TS12A4515P

Under $1 and fast switching.

Dave

Frank Buss wrote:

Reply to
dave.harper

You are right, if you need only one, it is cheaper than ADG451, which has 4 switches and costs $4.95 at Digikey. But it can't switch AC, unless you provide a virtual ground. But then it is more difficult to control it with a digital signal, because you need a level converter. And the resistance is high, but this depends on your application, if it is sufficient.

I don't see much advantage of the TS12A4515P compared to standard parts like this, if the bigger case is no problem:

Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

The ADG44x series is about half the cost with a penalty in on resistance. I'm using both (ADG442 and ADG452) to switch resistors (digi-pots aren't high enough power) and capacitors in hybrid. The DigiKey prices for both are at least 2X the going price.

Reply to
krw