Can noise and reflections on USB differential data lines cause data loss in USB Bulk File Transfer

Hello.all,

In a certain PCBA design, we mounted USB connector from which differential data lines into PCB. Those lines were taken from another four ways connector to send it to the USB port of a single board connector.

When USB Flash Drive is connected to USB port on PCBA, which is actually routed to another connector on PCBA from which cable connection is sent to Single Board Computer, USB bulk file transfer process fails for file sizes larger than 2 Mega Bytes.

This was solved by putting 180 ohms resistor accross differential data lines on PCBA.

Is it true that noise and reflections on USB differential data lines cause data loss in USB Bulk File Transfer?

Could anybody please help me to reach some link where I could read the details on the differential single line spec:, do's and don't's for USB connection?

Regards Aung...

Reply to
Myauk