fast diodes gone

There used to be a bunch of low-barrier schottky diodes with Cjo << 1 pF and equivalent series resistance < 5 ohms, SC79 package.

BAT63 SMS1546 SMS3927

but they seem to be all gone. Strange.

SMS3922 is available, with C=0.7 pF and Rs = 9 typ.

Maybe I can use a small phemt as a diode.

It seems as if quantity-billion ICs keep killing off fast discrete parts.

You can still get BAT15s.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We're stocking SMS7621/BAT15 in the same stock bin now. There looks to be a big difference in Ron, 18 vs 4.5 ohms. I'll have to see what's actually in the bin.

Thanks

But I can't find BAT15 in SC-79. I might have to use the awful little leadless thing.

fredag den 7. januar 2022 kl. 20.18.27 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

+16000 in stock

several places with 10s of thousands in stock

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They claim that a full reel is _seventy thousand_ diodes!

I once did a sampler proto that used two of those in mid-air, hand soldered. Tended to melt about four solder joints at once.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's cool, 0.75 pF and (eyeball estimate) 5 ohms. I'll get some.

Looks like brokered old stock. The -005 is a dual in SOT23. Obsolete too.

Thanks

The BAT63 looks good. My bottom line is low C, low L, and minimum voltage drop at 30 mA, which is about 0.34 volts for the BAT63. The board is laid out for SC79 already.

I'm using an SMS7621 now, only about 0.25 pF, but 16 or 18 ohms Rs, depending on which data sheet to believe.

These tiny parts are a pain to solder. 63/37 solder can be sudden. Solid or liquid, no gooey phase.