Exact URL

just needed to get this link to myself, apologies for the clutter

Reply to
RobertMacy

They only got a 1 mHz bandwidth ? Thst's not even enough for high quality digital audio. Digital audio yes, but not really good digital audio.

Reply to
jurb6006

A 1mHz bandwidth ignores stuff that changes over periods shorter than 16.67 minutes. That's not audio.

If you meant 1 MHz, even bats can't hear stuff over about 70kHz. "Really good digital audio" would then have to be digital audio designed to appeal to audiophools.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I can't believe this.

You think you only ned 44,100 Hz bandwidth to record 44,100 Hz audio ?

Really ?

Why don't you stick a scope on the output of a CD player lens and get back to us.

Reply to
jurb6006

Hold on, have I f***ed this up ? Sounds like you take mHz as millihertz ?

That's not what I meant. I am going to have to look into this, I may have been expressing that wrong. I meant megahertz.

Reply to
jurb6006

Problem stems from the fact that I finally realized that in an abbreviation like that the "H" should be capitalised. Turns out the "M" has to be as well or people will think it's millihertz.

Anyway, so what is the purpose of these things ? That bandwidth really isan't much these days. Which was my point in the first place.

Reply to
jurb6006

Correctly. mHz means milliHertz, MHz means MegaHertz

And it was a truly ignorant point, as we'd expect from you.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yeah well it looks like you are not quite on the MENSA headhunters list eirther there dude.

Reply to
jurb6006

You may not think so, but I doubt if you are speaking from personal experience.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to