Ethernet in analog out

They're from Cirrus Logic (who purchased Crystal years ago).

Newark is listed as the distributor, but they have no stock and list delivery of the various ICs at 10 to 45 days, with typical prices of $35 to $60, in single pieces.

Several commercial products are ramping up, but they seem to be primarily in the professional market.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Okey dokey, but you keep saying 'ethernet' while not wanting to use a PC. Is there a particular reason why you want to use ethernet?

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

This comes close to what you are talking about:

It's portable, but you can hook it up to your stereo of course.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

quality

Crystal semiconductors do the cobranet chipset (up to 64 channels of 24bit

48K audio) down 100 base TX link- for finished products google cobranet regards
Reply to
Anthony C Smith

Thanks. Looks like what I want, but I was hoping for some product that already exists. I am really working as a system integrator rather than an EE on this one.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Okay, not sure if anyone's pointed you here yet (I've lost track!) but Maxim have a series of chip-sets:

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Hope it's not some marketer's wet dream ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Last Christmas I bought all the grandkids (except the 3-year old :) iPOD's.

I was so impressed that I bought one for myself, not for music but for "books on tape"... actually books on CD, which I then write to the iPOD. Nice when I'm flying everywhere.

...Jim Thompson

Hello Deefoo,

That is indeed interesting. Not much technical info on the site though and they say it won't be on the market before January 2006. I will certainly keep my eyes peeled for that one.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Jim,

Hope so as well. What always makes me skeptical is when the technical meat is literally non-existent like it is on that brief web site. But it did win some awards and those are usually not handed out for a pie in the sky.

Unfortunately marketeers blunder at times. Kerbango died because someone must have honestly thought you could sell a web radio for $300, more than the average stereo costs. iPod became a huge success (although I still don't have one). Rio ventured into the larger stereo biz but then failed to add any tangible pizzaz. If Torian sells it at low cost through Walmart they could make it. If they want as much as for an iPod and you can only get it at Fry's, forget it.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Jim,

Hopefully that doesn't entice them to want video iPods once they hit the market.

I am old fashioned and stay with the Gutenberg technology for books, so far.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

The iPOD fits in my shirt pocket ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Distributor price for 500+ quantities was given as 125 USD. I guess that will make the retail price some 175 to 200 USD.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

I'm talking FICTION, not technical texts.

...Jim Thompson

I consider iPOD "teevee" to be an absurd extension. Who the f..k would enjoy viewing a 2" screen? I won't be buying it for grandchildren or otherwise.

It should be full-darkness helmut-style and require an AC cord... ground the little punk rockers ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Presently have "da Vinci Code" loaded on my iPOD.

I don't need to read technical books anymore... I already know everything ;-)

...Jim Thompson

On your broom? ;-P ;-P ;-P

(sorry, I couldn't control myself!)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Newsgroup Wacko

Well, the new video iPOD has been all that's on the teevee nooz lately, albeit "299 to 399" - if you don't mind reading PDFs on a 2" screen... ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

But I already know everything... I'm as old as dirt, do you think it's likely that Win will introduce something I haven't already seen ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

No, no. You hook up the black wire, not the green one.

--
  Keith
Reply to