Anyone ID this Ambient Light Sensor, link to photo

Hi there,

I cannot find the part number for this ambient light sensor. Seen some like it, which helped me match up the wiring diagram net names, scl and sda serial comms interface... to a light sensor? If I hadn't seen similar ones in online catalogs I'd not expect it.

Photo of the little beastie is here:

Came out of an incomplete Samsung LCD TV given to me for parts recently, it's mounted on the same PCB as the IR receiver, but is definitely not a LED, I probed around it and got no light out of it. There's blue LEDs around the power switch, on another PCB.

If I knew the part, I could perhaps use the thing.

Thanks, Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Nose around Avago or TAOS sites. (I've done some device modeling for them, but I'm not really familiar with their whole line-up.) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Do a google for digital ambient light sensor and you should find a set of results that will help you find it. Most of these are 6 pin devices, and I only really see four here. Sure it is digital?

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

online

The output is likely digital. Those ports were what I was IBIS modeling :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

online

Pretty sure, here's the other end of the wiring loom, labeled:

For the IR + photosensor board we have 5V, Gnd, IR, SCL2 and SDA2, and those last two lines connect top the sensor via series 100 ohm and a cap.

I don't have anything here setup to monitor the digital lines, I saw a hint in the wiring diagram clock may've been run from H. Sync, but I didn't get the main logic card, so it's all guesswork. The main wiring shows many pairs of SCL + SDA going around the place so their main chip doesn't address them directly.

Then again I did see a '4051, so perhaps the data lines selected through that?

And yes, my searching for digital light sensors only turned up the 6pin sensors, so this might be some obscure Korean thing? Doesn't matter, I was looking for an analog or PWM brightness signal, to feed the lightbox*, I'll try it with a 1k pot across 3.3V first, make a PWM only if I have to. All I know is that the DIM signal feeds a 120k resistor, some passive network then into an inverter control IC for which I can only find a summary datasheet, no application note or typical connection diagram. BD9886FV for the curious.

  • Recovered lightbox from half an LCD TV, ripped the LCD panel out, just want to run the CCFL lights. 1360 x 768 x 32" panel is not much good as a display replacement for a recently acquired laptop with busted LCD ;)

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

Bingo! Four lead SMD: Vcc, Gnd, SMBData, SMBClk :) TLS2550! It's a start, and does look possible.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant