Effects of gaps in inductors and transformers

John Larkin a écrit :

Interesting stuff. Thanks. And we are less than 1 and 1/2 hour drive away.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

It looks like he's in a gorgeous place, near the Swiss border; there's a map on his web site. I drove around France and Switzerland for six weeks once, and it was mostly beautiful and wonderful, except for the cities.

John

It's a gorgeous place, sure enough. Bergoz' place is five minutes from where I am, just across the border. But many others appear to think so too and the population density has been growing furiously lately, with all the nuisance that implies. More traffic, more roads more houses, more shops, buildings growing everywhere, noise, pollution, there seems to be no end. Geneva is expanding across the border, in a way.

I quite liked it 25 years ago, even though the taps fell dry when the summer was hot.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

I think I disagree with you there Bill. Look at the similar thread running here on leakage inductance. The equivalent circuit developed to include winding resistances produced exactly the same final sums for Rpri and Lpri as the textbook sums that started off from mutual inductance. In fact that was the check that the equivalent circuit was correct.

I prefer an equivalent circuit because it allows an intuitive view of which of the various transformer imperfections are going to matter most in the particular application.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to