ee books

Or get the real stuff?

520x375mm, so they could be cut into thirds.. 6.8" x 14" at ~$1.50 each.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Gloryoski. Been looking for that stuff for years. Thanks!

Widlar referred to it as "the Mexican computer".

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

A book you might like: The Maxwellians, by Bruce Hunt. It's about a varied group, rich and poor, who took Maxwell's original formulations, obscure and partly wrong, and reworked them into the modern form.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Books about IC design are limited to on-chip stuff. AoE covers a much broader range, more suitable for people who put lots of parts on boards and buy, but don't design, chips.

Precision electronic instrumentation

,

ut

e.

.

blem

when I as at uni O&S "discrete time signal processing" was the book used for all the DSP courses

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I have his Fourier Transform and Applications book, and it's pretty good. Lots of pictures. I want my guys to have intuitive, visual feelings for this stuff, as well as more serious analytic ability of some sort. Brainstorming architectures is done at that visual, intuitive level; afterwards we can decide if it will actually work.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Cool. All I want is a strip, maybe 3" x 0.5", as a linear, probe-able resistor, sort of an exposed potentiometer/continuous voltage divider.

So I'll have lots left over for playing with fields and sheet resistances and things. I wish I had a good sheet-resistance field solver, for electrical and thermal things.

Teledeltos paper seems the be the only thing that Amazon doesn't have.

Precision electronic instrumentation

The seller is in the UK. I'll find out about shipping.

Precision electronic instrumentation

The real smart folks turned it into a profitable business:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Swill! We drink Peets French Roast. You can get it fresh-ground in 2 pound bags, at a Peets shop.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

But it makes money.

We just ordered the next twelve cans of Lavazza.

The local supermarkets really need to start watching that trend. Else some of them will get run over by the Internet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Handbook of Operational Amplifier Applications Burr-Brown Research Corporation

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I'm a huge fan of Stew Leonard's French Roast. Round here they roast it daily in the store. Good medicine.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

If you don't mind me asking, what the heck are you going to do with it? (do you hook onto it with alligator clips?) I guess you could cut some weird tapered resistors. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It's a beautiful 2D Laplace solver. You cut it to shape, apply the appropriate boundary conditions to the edges, turn on the power, and you have an instant solution.

It's especially good for things like spreading resistance, which are hard to do analytically.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

We get Green Mountain Coffee Roasters by subscription/Internet order. Good stuff and decaffeinated, too. Coffee and salsa are about the only things the state is good for.

Reply to
krw

Conductive ink, or metal strip electrodes, in a lot of situations.

There are analytical solutions for some geometries, like this one,

but not for more complex stuff. Of course, software does things like that, too.

Precision electronic instrumentation

A manager once told us at a department meeting, "I have some good news and some bad news." "First the good news: We're working half days, until further notice." "Now the bad news: "there's 24 hours in a day". He wasn't kidding but I'd already been working 80hr weeks for three months. I was already on the burned end of the project.

Beautiful day, today - 77F and sunny. We went for a long drive in the convertible today, had some lunch, and bought a pistol. ;-)

That's Winter (or Summer) work.

Reply to
krw

Don't get me wrong. I have Gardner's book and it is good. I just think expecting someone of today's ilk to have the patience to dig through it is not realistic.

Put "Basic Integrated Circuit Engineering" on the list. It settles arguments over ABAB versus ABBA.

Reply to
miso

Peets Major D. Get it at Costco. At least in California.

Reply to
miso