ECL logic SPICE models

Evidently not the ones that go "phut ... *KABLAM*", unless you're really a closet pyro. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Yep, it was called a "carburetor". ;-)

That's the one.

Chrysler's body didn't last long enough for the electronics to be stressed.

Consult for the government. No worries at all.

Reply to
krw

Did he explode on you?

I'd never, ever do that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

That's what my father thought when my first attempt at building a kilowatt-size amplifier as a teenager showed some "sub-optimal" behavior. I was blissfully unaware that even large electrolytic capacitors have things like ESR and ripple current limits. Phssssoooosh .... cap took off like a Saturn V, left a crater in the ceiling plaster and a smolder hole in the carpet.

What I meant with *KABLAM* are experiments in the lab. The more you can model beforehand the less likely it is that you blow through a case of $250 RF transistors. This is why I prefer devices that come with SPICE models. Because most of my RF designs are not run-of-the-mills benign amplifiers at all.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

There you've got a point. Mine had the right rear suspension coil pop into the cabin after about 6 years. Pathetic. Never bought a Chrysler again.

My work comes mostly via word-of-mouth, very little government connections except with one new client.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

No. He actually got a good laugh from it.

If such an opportunity presents itself, I'm always game... particularly since "AlwaysWrong" types are almost always bullies... it's great sport to smoothly take them down ;-)

Considering my posts here, would you think otherwise ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

          Stamp Out War Crimes in Gaza... Stomp the U.N.

Heck, i used to ride an ex-police Kawasaki myself. Common in the Far west US.

Reply to
JosephKK

Kind of unusual, considering that they typically never buy foreign brands for their cruisers. Although I think L.A. just started with electric Mini-Coopers but only for the volunteer force.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

of

bikes=20

BMW, Honda, and Motoguzzi seem to be the current most common for MC patrol vehicles. There are some HD, Suzuki, Yamaha and other brands. Kawasaki still seem to be used for MC interceptors.

Reply to
JosephKK

That's just your innate Teutonic politeness showing through, Joerg. Embrace a little of the redneck culture, it can be very satisfying ;-)

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Hmmmmm? I always thought my urges to trash ignorami were _because_ some of my heritage _is_ Teutonic ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Nah, my religious beliefs tell me not to ;-)

Thompson? Teutonic?

But yeah, Teutons used to have a reputation for being rude, among Romans. Instead of proper battle planning Hermann's guys just got drunk before a fight and ran at the Romans all hollering and fearless. Ultimately the Romans high-tailed it ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

My mix is primarily Scot, plus Teutonic (Barbar/Hun ?:-), Pole and some scattered Scandinavia... meanness and light all rolled into one ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Of course. He admits being Nazi brownshirt, after all.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria