Dual FET mixer.

I'm using NXP BF998s.. they're pretty cheap & available.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Does any one have a part # and source to get a modern dual gate RF mixer FET transistor? This would have to be a through hole or an SOT or something close to that I could fit in.

wouldn't mind one that can operate up in the high end like 1 Ghz or better.

This is just a curiosity question because I may have a need for one as a replacement and also a few for a project idea.

I did a search for dual gate RF FETS and I don't seem to be able to find much any where. At least where I looked, that is. I find lots of Obsolete ones.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

p.s. BF1102/BF909 is better for high frequencies.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

NXP still has dual-gate FETs - BF992, BF991, BF994, and a whole bunch of others, in a SOT143 format. Digi-Key stocks a bunch of them... just search the phrase "dual gate" in their product finder and then select "RF FETs" as the category.

They seem to be spec'ed out for gain-controlled amplification applications but I imagine you could probably use them as mixers.

Dave Platt

yes, I can make those work.. And mouser has them. Thanks..

they are cheap, too! :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Yes, I have just looked at those. I need to look at the spec for a

3Sk45B to see if they will sub for that. As for a project that is kicking in my head, I can make those work as they are.

Thanks. Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

On a sunny day (Mon, 03 Sep 2012 21:27:04 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

I second that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 3 Sep 2012 18:35:16 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@radagast.org (Dave Platt) wrote in :

They are often used as mixers in TV UHF tuners. Philips - TEEVEES - NXP is the link.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I am going to get some and test them, I noticed they have a internal diode clamp from the gates to the source. Most likely won't cause a problem but nice to know before I waste time.

jamie

Reply to
Jamie