Double layer capacitance variations with different metals

=_NextPart_000_004D_01C505D7.B5ABCD50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi

On a previous post I mentioned Bi and Ni. If we make a cell with Bi+Cu = electrodes and Ni+Cu electrode and all the electrodes are the same size = would the double layer capacitance be difference for say Ni, Cu and Bi? = In fact is the double layer different for different metals?

There does seem to be evidence to imply so. If this is correct how can = this be the case? Is it a function of the atomic size/mass?

Wayne

Reply to
WayneL