Does anyone need some largish heat sinks.

I checked the local scrap yard today and found some power semiconductor stu ff. Did not have suitable tools with me and am thinking of going back on M onday with a better assortment of tools. I noticed two or three heat sink s and thought if anyone uses such things ,I could buy them and ship them. The scrap yard charges $1 a lb. for aluminum. My guess is they weigh about 12 to 15 lbs. I did not measure them,but they are about 5 or 6 inches by 9 to 10 inches in cross section. Could not see the length, but would guess they are about a foot long.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

On Saturday, August 2, 2014 1:17:09 AM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote: My guess is they weigh about 12 to 15 lbs. I did not measure them,but they are about 5 or 6 inches by 9 to 10 inches in cross section. Could not see the length, but would guess they are about a foot long.

Bad guess. I went to the scrap yard today. The heat sinks are 5 inchs by 5 inches by 20 inches. I took two IGBT modules good for 600 volts and 400 amps along with some other junk, mostly capacitors.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Still very nice, a $500 value easily!

If only the three phase power to use them were so cheap :)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

They are Toshiba MG400G1UL1 Modules. Obsolete. In looking for data sheets, I think I found a site with them for $23.

But still worth getting.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster