Documented Medical History of Extensive Psychotherapy for Suicidal Tendencies

Lufthansa can forget it, their liability is not eligible for any kind of cap. This is negligence of the highest order.

"Prosecutors in Duesseldorf, where Lubitz had an apartment, said the psychotherapy occurred over an extended period before he received his pilot's license, and that medical records referred to "suicidal tendencies." "

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

If they are going to start testing everyone for mental illness, I suggest they start with those in government and corporate officials.

Millions of people have been murdered by their insanity.

Reply to
rev.11d.meow

Very good observation, I'm all for it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

We don't expect airline pilots to be psychopaths.

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

if the testers had any genuine ability to tell mad from sane I'd be for it too

NT

Reply to
meow2222

But if they are, we expect them to self-report? This is what the idiots are telling us.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

There's probably an App for that, or will be soon; PsycheCheck v1.0. Rings 911 (emergency #) and reports unstable behavior of the device's holder.

Reply to
rev.11d.meow

The US rule is that there have to be two people in the cockpit at all times. If a pilot goes to the head, a flight attendant trades places.

It's intended to cover the case of a pilot becoming incapacitated or wigging out like the Germanwings guy.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Australia has just implemented the same.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Keep dreaming, the psycho can easily defeat that feeble procedure.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It should help, but a concern was expressed that it means that the cabin door will be opened for longer each time a pilot enters or leaves.

I've been told that crashes caused by pilot suicide are more common than is publicly reported - if it can be hushed up, it often is. I wonder if anyone has data that supports this?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

What makes you think the copilot is the only suspect? The flight captain can just as easily be at the end of his rope, and the same could be said of a cabin crew member.

You can start here:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"Pilot kills 3 in small light plane crash" is only slightly more newsworthy than "driver of minivan drives into oncoming traffic".

Airliner crashes are investigated in detail and someone always takes the blame,

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

Hate to say it, but alot of pilots are ex-military. what this means is that they volunteered to go burn Women, children, house, schools, shoot people they never met for oil and rape, pillage and plunder. Though this guy was n ot a USian, veterans in the US have a much higher incidence of mental probl ems than the populus at large.

Nother thing they don't tell you is that most of the school shooters here w ere on anti-depressants, SSRIs or who knows what. And I wonder if they sell that smoking cessation aid in other countries that induces suicidal tenden cies. (now that REALLY works !)

All in all, I think mental disorders are on the rise and the detection and treatment of same leave much to be desired. they do not really know what th ey're doing. They'll tell you how this chemical bonds to that chemical in t he brain and affects this or that, but there is no way they can tell the ac tual effects on the user. You would have to read minds to do that. Just lik e the rest of medicine, the simple fact is that they think they know alot m ore than they realy know. One of the biggest problems is they do not suffic iently take into accouint different people with differing body and brain ch emistries.

This has resulted in alot of woe. Even in physiology, they are dooing peopl e a great disservice not recognizing tht different people have different di etary rrequirements. The food pyramid is a joke for everyone, but the fact is that an person of African descent needs a slightly different diet than a Swede for example. But the mantra of "we are all the same under the skin" prevails in the industry.

This applies in spades in the phychology industry, where empirical data are even more rare. I know there are contraindications like don't give a scizo phrenic this, don't give a manic depressive that, but that list is so far f rom exhaustive they shouldn't even be using those drugs.

But then, what is the root cause of all this ? I am lumping it all in one h ere, any psychological abnormality. Well I've an article about that publish ed back in the 1970s about that form IBM's "Think" magazine called "Can We Survive The Madding Crowd ?". That and a buinch of other things indicate th at thouggh hunger is not the main issue, overpopulation is. It also goes in to societal differences, for example the Japanese who live together and onl y have paper walls. It's not that they're poor, it's apparently like they r ent an apartment and bring their walls in, put them where they want. But yo u really have very little privacy. Americans would go nucking futs in a mat ter of days but the Japanese (et alii) society has conditioned the people t o that over generations.

If it hadn't, like the mice in that article, there would be rape gangs, peo ple hurting and killing their young, no monogamy. Oh wait, we got that don' t we ?

Here's a scan of a reprint of that article found in a Young People's Scienc e Encyclopedia annual supplement :

They make a pretty good case and the sika deer study ws pretty interesting. they adapted to having too much food. Initially they overpopulated the isl and but after so many years, whatever happened and they stopped doing that.

Seems that humans do not quite share that ability to adapt.

Reply to
jurb6006

No problem. Here are some online mental sanity tests to try: etc...

Of course, politicians and suicidal maniacs tend to be practiced liars, making the value of such tests somewhat limited. In the past, when I took such tests, they correctly determined that I am arrogant, manipulative, devious, introverted, self-centered, socially retarded, but generally sane. The voices in my head all agree that this is a correct evaluation.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

BUT....BUT....BUT... "WE" put them there!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Two kings talking:

Les Cargill