Divide by 200 single IC

I am trying to reduce my parts count. Does anyone know of a way to divide down by 200, or even 20, using a single CMOS IC?

Jim Conrad

Reply to
Jim Conrad

What's the max frequency?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Jim Conrad skrev:

If it is a clock like signal I would use a 74HC390.

One package can be configured to divide-by-2, 4, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50 or

100.
Reply to
koma

I like to use the 74hc40103 chips, which are programmable to count down or divide from 1 to 255. They operate to 29MHz typical, 15MHz, min according to Philips, oops, NXP. DigiKey has them in stock.

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Divide what? A Clock? A Serial Stream? A Parallel Signal? An Analog signal? Anyway for all the above, except the analog signal, my answer would be use a small CPLD.

-H

On 3/19/2007 4:42 PM, The digits of Jim Conrad's hands composed the following:

Reply to
Hawker

You mean like a PIC?

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Me too. Cheaper than a programmable logic device, and easier to program. Digikey isn't the only distributor who stocks the device - Farnell also list the 74HC40103N.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

AT Tiny 15 and a few lines of code....

Reply to
TT_Man

Don Lancaster wrote in news:568hnnF27d0ikU4 @mid.individual.net:

Wow! that took longer than I expected...

(I was expecting it come first or second)

me

Take a look at the 4518. That plus a FF will give you 200.

Chuck

chuck

CD4059

Reply to
MooseFET

Ok, a 199:1 ratio resistor divider?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Id use a 74x393. the dual ripple counters will allow up to a divide by 256

Reply to
samiam

Scratch that, youd still need logic to decode the outputs and reset at

200 to achieve divide by 200
Reply to
samiam

OK, what about the MC14553? 3-digit BCD counter in a 16-pin DIP. Should be exactly what you are looking for. It even has an on-chip oscillator.

Chuck

chuck

Not true. The ICs don't need filament transformers.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

you can divide by 20 or 100 with a 4518