Dish Network

It's raining here in NY... not even what we'd call a "gully-washer" in Arizona... but the hotel's Dish Network is kaput ;-) Those little dishes are crap in a storm. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Thompson

Depends on what your view of the sky is, and which bird you have to point at.

And how well the idiot tech that pointed the dish did the job.

Reply to
Mark Datter

Directv is working fine here, no blocking up. Sounds like the Dish is misaligned. It should be pointing at the satellite not the thunder storm ;)

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

es are

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0(480)460-2350=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0end_of_the_skype_highlighting= =A0Fax: Available upon request | =A0Brass Rat =A0|

Interesting leap to this conclusion. I have had dish network for 12+ years, for both domestic and European and HD channels (different dishes) and can only remember one time during one of our famous PA blizzards that the picture at times became pixelated. Then again, I was on the roof with the tech watching and double checking his alignment procedure. Throughout the lifetime of my dish service, at the worst of times, I had a 70% signal and still had good pictures. I'd suggest something is wrong with the installation/alignment.

-J

Reply to
three_jeeps

The SpecraVision keeps cutting out on you? :-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I have no idea what that is?? ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Thompson

I disagree. If you're doing plumbing repairs and water keeps dripping down the copper pipe while you are soldering and ruining your joint, a plug made from Wonder Bread (tm) literally works wonders, and it generally dissolves in the water when you're done.

For actual human consumption, artisan breads from Ace Bakery are not bad:-

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Also Sumano's make excellent bread:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the farther North you go,the less signal energy you receive for a given size antenna. geosynch sats are strongest nearer the southern borders.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim, there is a hurricane coming our way, don't you think you should pack your bags and head for the hills?

Last report states that N.Y., as well as CT, is in its path..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

He's on LI, too. Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Reply to
krw

are

Jim, or the hurricane? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

are

Yes, quite possibly. ;-)

Reply to
krw

are

I rode out Hurricane Donna, in Boston, in the third floor of a house that swayed when the wind blew. When was that, 1960, 1961??

Earthquake yesterday "shook my booty" pretty violently. ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Thompson

dishes are

I rode out one hurricane in a one bedroom cottage. I was awake for three days, listening to huge trees moaning and cracking, over the hard rain and high winds. Then the ground would shake when a tree snapped and hit the ground.

When it finally passed, I went outside to see that about 90% of the trees behind and beside the cottage were down. You couldn't see anything except trees to the west before the hurricane. After, it was more open sky than trees

At least you didn't need to leave a wakeup call! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think the water temp is too cold to sustain a Cat2 storm up here.

There is a lot of

Reply to
Martin Riddle

I'm in the Central Florida area, where hurricanes have no trouble sustaining high winds, and dumping up plenty of water.

I guess that's ok, if you drink. I never cared for any alcohol, including the 91% isopropyl I have to use for my twice daily insulin injections.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Where's the Stew Leonard's nearby? I've been driving all the way to the one adjacent to Republic airport ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jim Thompson

Yup, that?s the one. The shopping carts freaked me out at first. But go there during December, then you'll understand.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Is it safe here or should I flee inland ?:-( ...Jim Thompson