determining characteristics of unknown peltier module?

I have an unknown (unmarked) peltier module. I'd like to determine the characteristics of the peltier itself. The only things I know about it are its size and the fact that it is drawing 6 amps at 12 volts. I'd like to determine it's output wattage if possible. Anyone have ideas as to how I could do this?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric Braunhauffer

I assume you mean how many watts it moves. The number it draws is

6*12 = 72W.

Put a power resistor and a thermistor on the cold side. Cover that with insulation.

Measure the thermistor before you start.

Turn on the cooler.

Apply power to the resistor.

Watch an Ohmmeter on the thermistor.

Adjust the power in the resistor to hold the thermistor constant at the starting value.

Figure the power in the resistor.

Reply to
MooseFET

Take its temperature on both sides?