Designing a video acquisition system

Hello,

I would like to design and build a video acquisition and display system - I have located some of the pieces of the system already, such as a CMOS sensor and will likely find an LCD display panel soon. It is meant to be a handheld unit, so very small form factor and PCB. The power supply will likely be LiIon custom battery.

Now here is the thing, I don't know anything about electronics yet but have a background in physics and software engineering. I would like to learn what I need to know to build this, and perhaps suggestions for development systems that I can use to figure out the design for the system and eventual burn to PCB.

Any tips, or better yet someone interested in doing this project for a very good piece of equity? ;-) (I have successfully started up, funded and run a software company before).

Reply to
Ruze

"Ruze" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Your best bet is to not re-invent the wheel. There are already devices on the market that may be close to what you need; eg. "disposable" digital cameras and digital video recorders.

Reply to
Dan Major

try guy macon, he hangs around

misc.business.product-dev

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Not to mention phone-cams.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"martin griffith" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

sensor

have

development

eventual

very

run a

ROFL!

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'invalid\' when replying by email)