Designing a VCO

Buy either an MC1648 VCO (sine wave) or MC1658 VCM (square wave), both designed by yours truly.

...Jim Thompson

Higher then 109 MHZ is international air navigation band ANYWHERE in the world.

109-138 is the air band range. Sorry if your using high side injection.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

Hello everyone!!

Well, Im doing a project which requires a VCO in my circuits, the problem is im not able to design the one i need (the VCO should oscillate between

85MHz and up to 125MHz only, since these are the allowed free channels) can anyone suggest me a design? ty

This message was sent using the sci.electronics.design web interface on

Mounir

It's my MC1648 schematic with a bias modification to match 100K TC, and processed on 100K.

...Jim Thompson

108-117.975 - Navigation 118-136.975 - Communications

So what if he is using high side? The device is still required to meet part

15 spurious which should limit the range safely.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Yes, I've spread a bit of it around ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Is the original plain-jane variety still being produced?

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

makes it. They still make quite a few of my '60's designs.

...Jim Thompson

MiniCircuits

makes a line of VCO modules; their model POS-150 would fit exactly within your range.

Freq Range 75-150 MHz Output level +9.5 dbm Tuning voltage 1-16 VDC

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM

look at Mini Circuits..

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Hello Jim,

Arrow doesn't carry those anymore and ON Semi draws a blank, too.

But the 1648 now comes with a Porsche engine, MC100EL1648. It's a rocket at 1.1GHz and a surprisingly low supply current under 25mA. Did you design that one as well?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Jim,

I guess legally you'd still be the father then because your DNA is in there.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Mounir" a écrit dans le message de news: ZoKdncuRcofRvMDeRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

For these frequencies why not using a DDS and not a VCO/PLL ?

Friendly, RObert

Reply to
Robert Lacoste