Design of 3D Camera Chips with LSIs

We don't have great budgets for attempting. But can a simple 3D Camera be built with LSIs to MSIs? We need to know the depth of certain objects. Most of them are skewed images like the licence plates. I think we need some coordination between hardware and software to get a decent results. Any comments? Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

Or even 74 series. I should have said Small Scale integrations to Medium Scale intergrations. Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

Sorry, not making the chips, but glueing Logic Integrated circuits Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

Or even just a few bipolar transistors ?

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Are you kidding? Shouldn't require more than a 220 ohm resistor and a paperclip.

Reply to
cbm5

Yeah, sure, just mousse your hair, put on some makeup and wear pastel blazers with the sleeves rolled up to your elbows, then put on some Duran Duran on the record player. That should put you in the mood for some 1983 style elctronics! Woo hoo!!!

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

So, can you recommend some good and inexpensive chips that I can buy off-shelf? Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

Jack, your problem is orders of magnitude more complex than doable with just a few gates.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

So I might be looking at some VLSI chips instead :) What choices do I have? Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

There's a lot to this. Check out prior research and current projects available from the links on this page:

Ben Bradley