Damnit, Joerg.. :)

Trust me, when you use it outdoors on the barbie where meats and other stuff are also cooked it gets grimey, and fast.

I've tried raising it on a metal rack but I like the crunchier crust without.

That's all done by my wife. She is in the food preparers union and I am in the barbecuers union, thus no overlap allowed :-)

When she broke her wrist and I had to do it all I realized how much work preparing a really good pizza is. Over 30+ years I had forgotten.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I primarily make dough for bread, nowadays -- five or six 2-lb loaves at a time. Sadly, it doesn't "stay" without going stale (almost overnight). So, I eat one loaf fresh out of the oven, the next over the course of the following 24 hours -- and give the remaining loaves to friends and neighbors with instructions to "eat immediately". (Homemade bread doesn't seem to freeze well, either -- mushy, soggy, etc. -- as mine is a very *dense*, sweet dough)

SWMBO and I have vastly different tastes in pizza (which means *I* end up having to eat what *she* likes :< ) so the days of deep dish and thicker crust, lots of meat, etc. are long gone!

OTOH, I make a delightful pizza with just razor thin slices of tomato, oil and spices -- the tomatoes look like they are *printed* on the dough. But, hard to find very ripe tomatoes for the job.

Yet, it's nowhere near as filling and satisfying as Chicago-style.

(A friend flew into Chi-town one day. We went for lunch -- pizza. When finished, drove to next shop -- for another pizza. Finishing there, another shop -- pizza. I think we hit four that afternoon AND sent him back on the plane with a frozen pizza in his lap! Finestkind!!)

Reply to
Don Y

Not when they were there before the houses.

Sure and that's my whole point. The best government is the smallest and a HOA is smaller than even the town. If an HOA can be a PITA, the town/city/state/Obama will surely screw you over.

Reply to
krw

Nah, if I want that much stink I'll pick up a skunk by its tail.

Hundreds of sessions wouldn't bother me much if they're cheap enough but the time does matter.

Marketing. The chimney comes out before you cook?

Reply to
krw

Why bother with the cookie sheet? Just put a hunk of Aluminum foil on the rack under the rack the pizza is on.

Reply to
krw

Then there is nothing an HOA could do either, lol.

--

Rick
Reply to

It's not bad. Sometimes I fire it up while still working. With the barbie strategically placed I can see it from the bathroom window across the hallway. But I kind of always know when it will be ready.

Same with much of the cooking. Pizza goes in, set timer to 21mins, take out, cut, pray, eat.

Yes. You start the coals in it, dump the contents, and start cooking. I am not concerned about health issues but it'll rust. Plus with only half of the galvanizing burnt it now looks yucky. If it's marketing then it wasn't very clever marketing. Especially by a company that sells to the more serious barbecuer and is otherwise know for really good quality. Our Weber Kettle might survives us.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

And they let in krw? This does not compute. On the other hand, krw's ideas about what constitutes rif-raf probably don't include him

Good luck with that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to