cybernetics

comment&...

No. I believe that we haven't got a clue about what created the universe, and I doubt that it is a question worth asking. I do believe that we have some fairly clear ideas about what created us from pre- exisitng life-forms, and a divine creator doesn't seem to be a useful hypothesis in that area.

Non-existent for Rich, who doesn't understand very much at all, and is too ignorant to have any chance of working precisely how remarkably ignorant he is. Most scientificly educated people can do much better.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Surely you folks would get closer to the truth if you headed directly for it without stopping to slag each other off?

That's priceless. In fact, that's sig block standard.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: -http://www. +rjh@

You can read all about it here:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

After that joke you come up with a scientific, believable explantion? Shame on you!

Reply to
Don Stockbauer

It's changed. That's why people who cyber things work on Electronic Books, All-In-One Printers, Desktop Publishing, Cyber Batteries, HDTV, Home Broadband, Holograms, Cell Phones, Laser Disk Libaries, Blue Ray, On-Line Banking, On-Line Publishing, non Vacuum Tube Microcomputers, Distributed Processing Software, mp3, mpeg, Microwave Cooling, Thermo-Electric Cooling, Fiber Optics, USB, Atomic Clock Wristwatches, Light Sticks, Compact Flourescent Lighting, Data Fusion, Digital Terrain Mapping, and ABS. Rather than Internet.

Reply to
zzbunker

Ed Prochak wrote: ) The fact is though, physics will likely never answer that question. ) How do you describe, mathematically or otherwise, what exists before ) existence?

The concepts of 'before' and 'after' are aspects *of* existence, so that question is meaningless.

I think Plato already answered that one.

SaSW, Willem

            drugged or something..
            No I\'m not paranoid. You all think I\'m paranoid, don\'t you !
#EOT
Reply to
Willem

See this for your one-stop all around comprehensive answer to that:

Don Stockbauer

Most government employees operate in a hard vacuum, as well.

Michael A. Terrell

This may explain why so many government decisions (any party, any country - no partisanship here) are so appalling - all their computrons are being sucked into the surrounding vacuum.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: -http://www. +rjh@
This line unintentionally left unblank
Reply to
Richard Heathfield

"DANGER WILL ROBINSON. EXTREME DANGER!!!!! GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE APPROACHING WITH COMPUTRONS SUCKED INTO THE SURROUNDING VACUUM!!!!!!!!"

Reply to
Don Stockbauer

Neurons need oxygen to function. :(

Michael A. Terrell

Perhaps the statement "Vacuums are computron sinks, and thus highly intelligent" is suspect?

Reply to
Don Stockbauer

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Perhaps, but it is a position frequently advanced in discussions about science: "nothing is omniscient". (We had an example upthread, albeit not in those precise words. If nothing is to be omniscient, it must surely require an awful lot of computrons (and cluons). It is not unreasonable, then, to conclude that /either/ there is an omniscient being /or/ vacuums are computron attractors.

(We do talk a lot of tosh in c.p sometimes, don't we?)

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: -http://www. +rjh@
This line unintentionally left unblank
Reply to
Richard Heathfield

A conclusion without clues? O_O

Everything is a clue about what created the universe.

How long would it take an ant farm to figure out the logic behind human urban planning?

Their do have genetic manipulation and their society is very efficient but before they can understand the design of the park they would have to be familiar with human perspective.

Sol may know much more about planetary design, she might not know ants exist.

I guess the question is worth asking (for me at least), just don't expect to find the answer.

:-)

____

gabydewilde

Who is to say galaxies don't spawn in the thermos flask?

Assumption levitated to truth?

Say we take an iron rod.

We obtain the true length of the rod.

The label might say it is 1 meter long in reality it's length is...

1.00000123223928347893274893243294732....325432432....324324234....

The numbers behind the decimal point make up an infinite string of numbers. Du to temprature changes and electron spin the length changes all of the time.

The further we go behind the decimal point the faster the numbers change.

We go further and further and the speed of change goes faster and faster without any end.

The amount of data contained by the string is exactly as big as the change in the rest of the universe. A relation between the changes also exists. There is influence, there are laws of change/nature.

So who is to say there isn't a galaxy inthere? There is sufficient data, all required components exist. Announcing constant values for anything is quite hilariously wrong.

(as a side note: In the 16th century this constant motion was referred to as THE perpetual motion. This falsifies all later definitions.)

From another perspective, our universe appears mostly empty it is made out of nothing, it contains nothing. We don't exist, so why would that what doesn't exist in the flask not be a universe? There seems to be a sufficient amount of nothing and emptiness?

Subjects may have substance without physical representation. Take the market value of "talking points" for example.

:-)

____

gabydewilde

Really? What do you suspect? ;-)

Michael A. Terrell
  • Michael A. Terrell:

Hi, I wonder if I can steal your sig?

(Of course, if you give permission then you have effectively denied the request.)

Cheers,

- Alf

Reply to
Alf P. Steinbach

I suspect an infinite debate instantiating over all this.

Reply to
Don Stockbauer

Things get dramatically simplified when you open your awareness to the higher dimensionalities:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer