Cutting part of the signal

Hi all,

I am trying to build a circuit to take part of the output of an Ultrasound Transducer signal. How can I cut just a part of the signal, so I can use this part for something else?

Thanks,

Reply to
capo

Perhaps if you mentioned what part of what signal you want to cut in what way someone here could be of help.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

| 1962 | Coming soon to the elementary school in your neighborhood...

I pledge allegiance to Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama and to the community organization for which he stands: one nation under ACORN, unchallengeable, with wealth redistribution and climate change for all.

"Ultrasound transducer" can mean 40 kW sonar sender or tiny listen-to- bats microphones. At the high-power end, you can insert a current transformer in series with the power leads, acting as a zero-ohm pass element to the high current, with isolated secondary winding; you have to attach a low-Z load to that secondary, of course (0.1 ohm burden resistor?). The voltage on the burden resistor is proportional to current to the transducer.

To fully probe "the signal" requires both current and voltage measurement. One or the other is enough if and only if you understand the transducer and its environment well.

Reply to
whit3rd