Curve tracers

models.

While i may be ignorant of the MOS models there are many more of them, at least 9 IIRC. JT would know this well. As i understand it MOS 1 thru 3 are roughly of the grade of E-M 1 and 3 thru 6 span E-M 2 to G-P and 7 above account for even more device physics.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

and

Doable but may take some special customization. I have used such equipment, and it wasn't cheap. Thermal boundaries are a big issue. Controlling DUT temperature without upsetting (or causing unwanted gradients within) the tester can get very challenging. It is still easier to heat a DUT than to cool it below room temp (air driers or dry gasses are required very quickly).

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

features, and

probably

Good fixtures and such are frequently more expensive that the basic test equipment.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Am 16.02.2013 05:47, schrieb josephkk:

A universal fixture is probably too hard. It might be better to build a tracer box that has USB, power supply, ucontroller, A/D and D/A that produces and expects only normalized voltages, say +/-2.5V

and a DUT board that scales this to the values really required, electrically and mechanically. Requirements for an avalanche diode and a BFG640 are quite different.

BTW in one of the few rational corners of diyaudio.com is a thread on a Chinese curve tracer:

<

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

Every simulator has their own numbering system :-(

The only somewhat standard ones are Level=1,2,3... the schoolboy textbook levels... you can write equations that sort of make sense... but they don't fit very well, particularly sub-threshold.

Models of choice are BSIM3+ and EPFL-EKV, however they may happen to be numbered. ...Jim Thompson