Current best CAD Simulation software

Hi guys,

What's the current front-runner in terms of CAD software whether it be free or paid-for? Ideally I'd like something suitable for RF modeling in addition to the more mundane stuff.

Thanks.

Reply to
phaedrus

For all electronics except the upper end of RF LTSpice is the best. It doesn't know things like stripline design.

Reply to
MooseFET

Try this

a7yvm109gf5d1

If you are doing RF, then Microwave Office from AWR would be the place to go...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Interesting, can it model inductors and coils?

Martin Riddle

Thanks for posting that.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Thanks, all.

Does anyone know the price of this software? I can find nothing about the cost on the AWR website; just a link to download an evaluation version which one assumes is crippled in some way or another.

Reply to
phaedrus

Like many commercial softwares, the price depends on who your are, and how much you can pay. Expect prices in the $10K area. The evaluation is (IIRC) a thirty day demo, which is not crippled exect in time. I hvae had several of these evaluations in the past, but then, I know one of their top AE's! (and so does Jim...)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yep! You, Brian and Mohi... I can always count on one of you to have an answer, or at least a starting point! Thanks for all you help! ...Jim Thompson

                     In wine there is wisdom,
                    In beer there is freedom,
                   In water there is bacteria
                                               - Benjamin Franklin

Mart>Interesting, can it model inductors and coils?

JeffM