What software packages do you use for RF design?

What software do the folks here that do RF design work (UHF/microwave) use for CAD/simulation purposes? ADS seems to be an industry standard, but definitely not in the budget for me. LTSpice is great and free, but doesn't seem to support things like design and analysis using Y/S parameters, stability factor calculation, noise circles, that sort of thing. Is there other software that can be used for these tasks that I should know about? Thanks.

Reply to
bitrex

Appcad does some little RF things.

Sonnet Lite looks useful for basic pcb e/m simulation, but I've never got over its learning curve.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature

bulegoge

If I were doing more RF work, I would go with Microwave Office, from AWR. Much lower price, and a much nicer user interface than Agilent. Of course, I know a few of the folks over there, like Mohi! 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Yay, Mohi! Great guy! I still ask him about PSpice behavioral modeling, and he's always full of suggestions (that always work :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Looks pretty interesting - I'm downloading the evaluation version now.

Reply to
bitrex