Count 1ns pulse

We can hope, but he's survived long periods of mouth-frothing rage before, so one can't be too optimistic.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

No toasters to fix today Phil?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hi bill the photomultiplier is supplied by Stockholm university which they now have back, I don't have no data sheet on it as it is a old type one, I heard back from the guy at electron tubes and basically he has said the same as you! dependant on photomultiplier tube speed and biasing of the tube ect, Im trying to pin him down on the minimum pulse width, he has said between

3ns and 15ns so if I work with 3ns then any type of photomultiplier tube will work.
Reply to
Paul Taylor

Isn't it a shame that a certain individual trying to ruin the thread, I reckon Phil must lead such a sad and boring existence that he has to try and insult every one else to make himself feel better!

Phil seek some help mate as Im sure that under all that bitter and twisted attitude is a nice helpful guy waiting to get out and into the real world of existence with normal people.

Reply to
Paul Taylor

I would like to get into using Xilinx but time is a little bit tight for me on this job at the moment. I did think to start with about using FPGA? this is another area i need to get into more.

Reply to
Paul Taylor

I do normally use that type of approach i have been having some off days, i not sure if any of you guys are from the UK but at the moment we are experiencing a mini heatwave temperature in my room is up at 36 degrees now that coupled with the fact that the nights are up in the low 20 hence lack of sleep for the last week has some what blurred my head not trying to make excuses or anything. i borrowed the pulse generator from another department and asked the guy for one to generate a 5ns pulse that was what i was given i should of check the data sheet i guess my fault i felt an absolute idiot but there what is down is down, i learnt from my mistake.

Reply to
Paul Taylor

Phil can be very helpful within his areas of expertise, but he does have a very short fuse, as you may have noticed, and once he gets irritated, he stays irritated for several days at a time..

--
Bill sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Fast focussed photomultipler tubes like the venerable Electron Tubes

9814 offer a typical pulse width fo 3nsec, and they are the fastest tubes that you are likely to come across in your application.

Incidentally, Stockholm University ought to be able to identify the tube used, and once you have got the manufacturer and part number, getting hold of a data sheet isn't difficult - the photomultiplier business isn't known for rapid change.

--
Bill Sloman. Nijmegen
Reply to

Just emailed Stockholm to get a manufactures and part number on the photomultiplier.

Reply to
Paul Taylor