DC to DC Converter with Multiple Outputs

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a 12V dc input with multiple dc outputs. I need 5V and

8V out. The unit will go into a vehicle (12V) and needs to power a thermal printer and a USB hub. Max load will be 25W.

Thanks,

RT

Reply to
rickt

naser

7808, not 7812
Reply to
Damir

We had a requirement this this a few years ago. These were not the actual voltages, but we used a switching buck regulator to get the 8V, and a linear regulator off the 8V to get the 5V. So long as you have a common ground, you don't want a flyback regulator, unles you love winding transformers. If you don't want to start from scratch, you could buy a little 8V module, and hang the linear regulator on its output; possibly bolted to the 8V regulator case.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT