D'oh, problem solved

I posted about not being able to get the IR2153 chip to work. I had a bad connection on the breadboard; pin 8 of the chip didn't make contact. Feh.

Reply to
kell

Well I've just spent two days panicking over a couple of prototype PCBs that didn't work: two identical PCBs, same fault on each- must be in the design, eh? Went through every aspect with a fine tooth comb, the comb I use for my fine teeth, everything seemed right. Then, desperation, let's check all the (176 pin PQFP) connections. SAME LEG NOT SOLDERED DOWN on both PCBs. Being SM, it LOOKED OK.

So, happy and triumphant now, though teeth a mess with not having been combed for a couple of days.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

CMOS circuits have a nasty habit of sort of working with lousy waveforms and terrible frequency response when you forget to connect the power supply.

Fumes from the protection diodes and any high input states make it happen.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to