cool sensor

This uses the photoelectromagnetic effect. Photons make electron-hole pairs that are separated by a permanent magnet. Sort of vaguely like the Hall effect, but very fast. It works around 10 microns, thermal wavelengths.

John

Have those been around for a while? I think we used A PEM detector to measure CO2 laser pulses back in the '90's. (The co2 laser pumped an FIR laser, (a tube with organic vapour in it and mirrors on the ends.)

(I didn't know they had permanent magnets inside.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold