Consultant databases?

Hello Folks,

Question to those of you who are consultants, contractors, freelancers: Which databases produce decent results in terms of good leads? The IEEE has a nice database. Even though I found that clients didn't even know it existed I recently heard that it sometimes does create useful leads. Any others? Opinions?

Just curious. Of course, there is another motivation, migrating from med to other areas. With med it has become nearly impossible to secure insurance for the US. On top of that companies' insurers begin to discourage disclaimers even in cases where that same insurance underwriter refuses consultants. Networking is usually the key but it isn't very suitable when branching into new fields.

The other reason I ask is that I find it tough when having to select a consultant in a foreign field. I remember that it took almost half a day on the phone until we had a capable plastics engineer who was familiar with mass production. There just wasn't any database we knew of.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Joining a local business networking club might do wonders. Not very cheap, but is does generate leads or helps finding suitable people/companies through recommendation.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Hello Nico,

Yes, it can. But that's easier in Europe than it is over here. Potential clients are usually a few thousand kilometers away.

This reminds me. In Europe lots of people join golf clubs and so on just for biz purposes. The owner of the biz that did my offices over there was a member of a tennis club, and only for that purpose.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg