Connectors, and Isolating control circuitry from IGBTs (TIG welder)

I am slowly progressing with my tig welder project. Got some connectors last night and started connecting them to one of my semikron 23s, and am already getting right signals on one of them.

I am becoming a little more optimistic now.

I have two separate lines of questions. I would like to ask you to answer only if you have something helpful to say.

  1. I have some 3M connectors for the header in a semikron 23. Digikey item MSC14A-ND. They fit my the semikron headers. The question I have is how to connect single wires that are multiconductor wires, into the
3m connector. This connector has some sharp teeth coming out with a little sharp slit between them.

Last night, I just placed them properly and then used linesman pliers to push the wires into sharp slits using the locking top plastic bar. Sorry, I do not know the proper name for it. Was that the right technique to use?

  1. The wire pairs (two controls and two power wires), need to be somewhat protected from EMI. For now, I twisted then as much as practicable. Is that good enough in light of question 3.

  1. All instructions for making high power inverters call for isolation of the control circuitry from the actual IGBTs on the heatsink. I was going to separate them with some kind of sheetmetal with a hole for control wires to go through.

Is that good enough? I should I fully enclose them in sheetmetal, with some openings for a small fan and the wires in and out?

thanks

Ignoramus24428