Fronius Transtig 2000 TIG Welder

Hi to all, I'm Diego. I'm an electronic technician, but I had never repaired a welder before now ... Normally I design things, not repairing them... but... This welder is arrived to me as a gift from a friend. Of course that it have some problem and my friend told me that he had just contacted the service for a repair, but they told him that this model is to old , and there is no more spare parts.... so... more fun for me ;-P

No one that have a schema? Many components on the primary board are missing...(smd components) on most of them there is some burning traces..... A part to check all of the mosfets/igbt , the display board seem to be ok... So how to proced? Ah...maybe can help I know the basics of TIG welding (I learned home with my friend)

Many thanks to all, and of course sorry for my horrible english... Bye Diego

Reply to
GattoNero

A clear close-up photo , placed in wwwland, would help, assuming the blown off components are just minor components . Anyone else placed an image out there somewhere? A board from a "spares or repair" sale on ebay , assuming different problem, may be the only chance.

Reply to
N_Cook

Thanks for your reply... Yes I know how this things are going... For sure that I'm just looking all around (not only ebay) But maybe sometime someone had just the same problem... so ... fingercross Thx!

Reply to
GattoNero

Have you gone to the Horse's Mouth? At the very least, you might be able to get a schematic.

Generally, I do not take "my friend said..." as the epitome of exhaustive research.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

mmm really, sir, my english knowledge is not so good to appreciate if this is a sarcastic phrase or some coloured way of saying somethings... Can you explain better what are you talking about?

Thanks sir...I've just told you that the official assistance said that no repair is possible due to no more spare parts....Maybe contacting an USA service is different but I don't think so...

Bho...Maybe sometimes is only question of kind of friends...

Diego

-Italy-

Reply to
GattoNero

In English the phrase "from the horse's mouth" means from the true source. So to go to the 'horse's mouth' in this case would mean to go to the manufacturer.

Good luck,

--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."