Complex Number Tutorial

Hi,

I have begun a complex number tutorial which shows how e^jwt works. It is located:

I have more work to do on this, but come take a look. I created these programs for complex numbers in order to explain the complex representaion of the fourier series.

Brent

Reply to
bulegoge

This type of thing just adds to the confusion about the use of complex numbers in the analysis of linear systems. The concept of the phasor (phase-vector) is at the core of their utility, and this derives from the invertible morphism between the analytical operations of differentiation and integration on real functions and the the algebraic operation of multiplication by jw and 1/jw on their complex representations.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I think the last two of these programs are not loading correctly in some computers. My home computers load fine , but I am seeing other probs. If the last two programs don't load, I am sorry. I am trying to figure out why.

Reply to
bulegoge

On the last two programs, click to download and then close out the program, then reclick , and it comes up correctly. Don't know why , yet

Reply to
bulegoge

I find that you are the confused one. The properties of the Euler identity are what brings up the vector representation. The conversions between differentiation and multiplication are related to conversion between time domain and frequency domain.

JosephKK

domain and frequency domain.

Reply to
Joseph2k

I would say that you have it backwards. It was the algebraic properties of the *phasor* that enabled calculations of solutions to real problems in systems of differential equations that made the whole Fourier/LaPlace thing go and not vice versa. Euler's identity very nicely tied into the best known basis functions of the time. Typical engineer...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

s.

Pretentious jibberish

Reply to
blackhead

s.

Use of the Laplace transform can give the complete time domain response. Phasors don't do that. Phasors only give the forced response (steady state ac analysis).

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie