Trigonometry Tutorial

Hi,

below is a link to a trigonometry tutorial that uses interactive flash programs to explain the basics of trigonometry.

I know this is probably too basic for this group, but since I have posted all my other tutorials here I figured I would give a link to this on s.e.d.

Brent

Reply to
brent

I don't need it. I was blessed with math teachers who, when I besieged the with questions, said, "Work all the problems in this book and then come see me with your questions". In Trig I went thru four books in addition to the class text :-) ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Of course , I know most here are well grounded in trig and beyond. I post these links here primarily as a seed link for the search engines to find it, plus its fun to hear if anyone has any comments.

If you type smith chart tutorial or fourier series tutorial into google my stuff comes up pretty high.

I am experimenting to make material to reach a lower level audience and see if I get more hits from it do to greater appeal or less hits due to more material being available for stuff like trig.

brent

Reply to
brent

Check the site anyway Jim.. I follow your posts and I bet you will bookmark it.

I am only smart enough to take small nibbles of that site... John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

I am nibbling at the Laplace Transforms section. I suspect that I am lacking the background for it. If you know of a "for dummies" kind of treatment please pass it along. I am reasonably intelligent but I have also started celebrating already for my 70 birthday later this month. I never expected to last this long! John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

Same here! I just turned 70. If I'd have know I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself :-)

As for Laplace, I was fortunate enough as an undergraduate to have Harry B. Lee for circuit analysis (instead of classic Guillemin :-), so I have a very good basis for applied-to-electronics Laplace math.

Then, in graduate school, I had courses from both of Churchill's books, "Operational Mathematics" and "Complex Variables and Applications"....

...Jim Thompson

I would have been interested, but it's flash, so no go.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I think it is great that you are 70 and still want to learn. Many of the email letters I get are from 50+ people.

I get many letters from retired scientists/engineers and other older people who have been bugged their whole life about fourier series and feel the personal need to conquer it. Here is a letter I got from one of these guys :

----------------------------------------- Hello I am 79 years old. Here I am at 1:20am using your great tutorial on Fourier series. I can actually follow (and understand) EVERYTHING !!!!!! Have not gone too far but I will come back and continue where I left off.. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your effort to make learning easier for folks like me who have been banging their heads against the wall for YEARS and not getting anywhere.NOT BECAUSE WE ARE LAZY. THANK YOU again. My very best wishes to you for LOTS of GOOD HEALTH. Sincerely

Name withheld city withheld, Florida

So you have at least nine more years to keep learning!

Brent

Reply to
brent

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0(Richard Feynman)

The whole website was created to try to make an interactive venue to learn the various topics. Flash was the best vehicle to do it in.

Reply to
brent

If you haven't already found a tutorial on the use of phasors, I'd suggest starting there -- they give you an immediate application to get your mind around, and from there Laplace Transforms are just a rather more general approach.

I would be surprised if you're having many more problems than the average teenaged undergraduate college kid does -- signals and systems classes in college (where EE students generally first encounter Laplace transforms) are usually second only to fields & waves classes in terms of the frustration in "getting it" goes.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Thank you, I will start here

John Ferrell W8CCW