Compact assembly workstation

Does any US-based seller make something like this?

I need a compact assembly station to fit a tight space, plenty of vertical upper and lower storage/rack area would be ideal. Like 3-4 feet wide or so

Reply to
bitrex

Carrel furniture is close; that example has no provision for pulling up a chair, so would only be a good workstation for a standing position, and that's not ideal for any work that uses a keyboard.

Reply to
whit3rd

Check for coupons, to get a better price.
Here is a 20% off coupon:

Reply to
Michael Terrell

Menards has this

Northern Tool has some stuff but they're really proud of the ones I saw, over $1100.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This popped up when I was snooping. There's one they called the Eisenhower. It's in the price range.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Why not set a small table/worksurface in front of a suitably wide shelving unit?

Or, if you want to extend the worksurface into the shelving unit's volume, lay a sheet of plywood atop the worksurface that is deep enough to extend over the shelf immediately behind it.

Then, settle on an appropriate height for the worksurface based on your needs (i.e., I have a workstation in the garage that is configured for me to use while standing cuz the idea of sitting out in the garage for any length of time is not very appealing -- though being able to do work out there "as needed" is much more convenient than having to drag everything into the house!)

Reply to
Don Y

I like "The Eisenhower" as posted by Dean a lot, but this would be my second choice I think for a pre-fab.

Reply to
bitrex

I like that one a lot, and can customize the accessories. 48" wide is at the limit of my width requirement for the space but I think I can make it work.

Related:

Reply to
bitrex

Frustratingly they don't seem to offer the 48" bench with an ESD top laminate. :/

Reply to
bitrex

I like the "Eisenhower" 48" compact bench as posted above but I'll probably go this direction for shelving - the price for the bench is nice but the prices for the accessories are highway robbery!

Reply to
bitrex

I spend part of my time annoying the guys at alt.home.repair. They'd most likely have a suggestion or two.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Ikea used to make some wonderful workbenches

but I think that one is discontinued.

That's their commercial line right?

I've got a credenza and some other stuff from that line from years ago, really solidly built.

-- Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

It needs to be. It takes two guys to move that LeCroy scope.

And three to figure it out.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Maybe similar to:

Or:

The first version is more easily modifiable if you do not mind a bit of DIY.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That is a nice work bench. Never realized they have a 'commercial line'. I made my own workbench in a 'L' shape with a loosely joined 'set aside' a rea. the only thing I could not find is a *reasonably priced* mechanism fo r raising/lowering workbench. If someone knows of such a mechanism, let m e know. j

Reply to
Three Jeeps

The most valuable part of my bench is the well-lighted whiteboard on the wall just to the right. I take notes and make sketches and graphs and photograph/archive them.

And the hard-mounted Mantis is wonderful.

I don't think I'd want a motorized lift built into my bench. It would wreck experiments, and those sorts of things always break, eventually.

I think I finally have enough power strips! Two below, bolted to the concrete wall, and one on the back of the main bench surface.

Yes, the Ikea Jerker is discontinued, noted as a "crime against humanity" in some circles including audio production.

Reply to
bitrex

The wood work surface is remarkably tough and soldering-iron-and-xacto tolerant. And the mid-level add-on shelf easily supports my immense

11802 sampling scope.

Crime indeed. What where they thinking?

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Is the analog electrometer for use or for decor?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso