Color Dots

The idea is that every bin has a color dot, and all reels or envelopes of parts have matching dots. It's like a checksum, a final check that any parts being returned to stock go into the right bin, and that any parts being pulled are probably right.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser drivers and controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

good idea.

all that stuff looks the same. I'm still not sure how the big distributors can open cartons of, and repackage and then pack and ship parts that all look the same at more than a 20% accuracy rate.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Easy. They don't. They have machines do it, at least as far as bringing the shelves up to the worker. Presumably, they have identification at that point to further improve consistency. The floor itself is fully automated, and with good reason!

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

That makes it even more amazing.

I really hate crossing stuff of packing slips and usually just got with the best two out of three.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader