Click PLC's, Need some ones opinion.

On AutomationDirect.Com. They have "CLICK" brand plc's...

THese are low end units but seem to look good for basic construction jobs.

I know these units don't cost that much and the software is free how ever, I would like any one's opinion about this line of controllers before I decide to buy a few for a base line project at work.

We are thinking of using the CPU that has the 2in and 2 out Analog with the 4 in and 4 out digital.. If we decide on doing this with this line, we'll be doing like 40 CPU's mounted on a din rail to operate 40 drives as a custom programmable PID controller. This produce line does not seem to offer an expansion unit for analog in/out to a single CPU..unless I missed something there ? Also, they support modbus which makes them perfect for us to use HMI screen to set the parameters for each drive.

Would like some feed back on the flexibility of this units..

Thanks, Jamie.

Reply to
Jamie