clearance between SMD parts

How much clearance do I need between SMD parts such as 0603s (and

0403s) parts. I've heard in passing, that if pads for one SMD part are too close to the pads for an adjacent SMD part, that the pick-n-place matching might place them too close, resulting in the parts being shorted. Are there rules of thumb on this, or something on-line that address this issue?

-Dave Pollum

Reply to
Dave Pollum

Its best to check with the assembly house for this, they will know.

Martin Riddle