Class AB amplifier

Brr. Bet that died of cathode inactivity pretty fast--you'd have been exceeding the space charge limit 100% of the time, no?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Honorary President, American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Cathodes

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you looking for a bridged output using all NPN's HV transistors by any chance?

I did something like that years ago for a beam deflection circuit on a Irradiation circuit. We didn't use HV transistors in that circuit how ever, It could be applied here. It was a bridged output using all NPN's (4). Inverted drivers to isolate the HV for the low voltage OP-AMPS we were using. In our circuit, we were only dealing with 80 Volts but the Op-amps could only handle 36 max. Feed back was voltage divided and the (+) input was offset a bit from the norm to compensate for that division factor.

One op-amp to drive the source NPN side while the other referenced the source driver side in a voltage comparator mode to drive the sink NPN output. 2 sets of these joined with a phase split circuit to drive the magnetic coils.

That's a general run down, I would have to dig out the print and scan it if there is any interest.

P.S. If did run a little warm :)

--
"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

The worst was a neon sign transformer-1B3 rectifier-oil cap bank for a flashtube, charging to just under the spontaneous breakdown level, 7-8 KV maybe. The abuse level - high filament voltages to get fast charging - must have been extreme. It never failed, after maybe a year of moderate use.

I was a weird kid.

John

I was thinking of the 8068. I think.

John

Hmm, looks like a 6L6 (or rather, 6BG6, being the octal, plate cap style of that design).

Interesting that it's specified for high voltage!

Tim

message

prevent

shunt

low

were

Reply to
Tim Williams

The schematic on P2 shows a higher speed circuit which supports 50us scans it looks like...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Simon Burley snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net posted to sci.electronics.design:

There are such things as slow-scan scan converters. It must be over three decades ago, that i last heard of trying to output slow scan directly to a CRT.

Reply to
JosephKK

Tim Williams snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Not quite, that is 1 Watt.

Reply to
JosephKK

Well, how close to the positive rail would you want it to swing?

Do the math.

John

"Simon Burley" skrev i en meddelelse news:4757efc7$0$8418$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk...

Maybe a differential amplifier output stage? Similar to the one a bit down the page here:

Frithiof Andreas Jensen