ChipHit ASIC, FPGA, EDA Search Engine

Hi,

I recently created a Google custom search engine called ChipHit at

Please take a look and provide suggestions.

I spend many hours a day searching the internet for ASIC, FPGA, and EDA tool topics as I am ASIC/FPGA applications engineer. Frequently, when searching, I would come across results from Google that would require significant digging to get to the "right" answer. It was very frustrating. One day I was searching for a particular topic and came across a feature of Google that allows you to customize the Google search engine by telling the engine to only search specific sites. So, I started populating the engine with a few sites, and quickly realized that this could be valuable to more than just me. I went home, bought the ChipHit domain name and bought some space on a web hosting service, and began madly customizing the Google search engine.

So, the next time you are searching for an ASIC, FPGA, or EDA topic, why not check out

Thanks, Ted

Reply to
ted

Looks like you've left out the big semi manufacturers... TI, Onsemi, Fairchild, National, like that. Was that on purpose?

So it's more articles and papers, but no parts or appnotes.

John

Actually, TI is in there. Do National and ONSemi build ASICs? If they do, please let me know.

The purpose of ChipHit is to only search ASIC, FPGA, and EDA topics of interest. For example, with TI, I only search the section of the TI site related to ASICs, that way the search engine produces less noise.

General semiconductor parts (and associated data sheets) have plenty of search engines already, hence are purposely excluded.

As for ChipHit content specifics, I am searching almost all EDA vendors (referenced form the ubiquitous design automation conference), FPGA vendors, ASIC vendors (referenced from Synopsys SVP Cafe). On the related information, I am searching any ASIC, FPGA, EDA sites in these areas: blogs, design, forums, IP, languages, news, open source, prototyping, radhard, research, services, training, and verification. While not explicitly listed, there is quite a bit of embedded and DSP related information ChipHit also.

So, in general, this site is for ASIC and FPGA designers that are looking for information related to their arts. My intention is that if you are looking for and ASIC, FPGA, or EDA answer, you should be able to find it here.

Thanks for looking!

Ted

Reply to
ted