Chip Shortage Only Just Got Started (2023 Update)

Best stock up while you can!

"There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are common to all states of society. But Communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion,and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all historical experience."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Luckily, they are talking about "computer chips", not analog.

We'll probably go through another shortage-panic-overbuy-glut cycle. As in "stock up while you can."

Reply to
jlarkin

You are whistling past the graveyard - the chip shortage is ALL ABOUT saturation of chip production capacity. The wafers don't GIVE A FUCK what the circuit design is lithographed on them.

Reply to
Flyguy

It's just Zero Hedge being alarmist.

After they've gone on at length about the chip manufacturing business being international - the biggest and most advanced fabs are in Taiwan and Korea but their gear comes from all over - they still claim "If such an invasion (of Taiwan) were successful, Communist China would have de facto control of TSMC" while ignoring the fact that that TSMC would no longer be able to the get spare parts and essential supplies to keep their fab working - not that it would be likely to survive any kind of invasion, which does create collateral damage.

Cursitor Doom is a gullible sucker when it comes far-right-wing alarmism, but even he should have been able to work out that this was nonsense.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

CPUs and analog use entirely different fabs and different silicon. The big overloaded digital fabs, Samsung and TSMC, probably don't do analog.

I could imagine a shortage of digital chips making analog chips more available.

Reply to
jlarkin

A lot of ADCs and DACs etc. are made in CMOS, very likely at TSMC, though it would be in an old process and those fab lines may not get congested at the same time as the latest processes. If you wanted to be fairly sure it wasn't made at TSMC, you'd have to pick some part that needs >5V or complementary bipolar process.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Just like toilet paper !

Reply to
boB

I recently bought a 45 roll pack at Sam's Club. That should last me several years.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

On a sunny day (Tue, 7 Sep 2021 01:00:09 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Michael Terrell snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Mary ran out of paper and did it in the garden A very peculiar plant started growing in that spot and got higher and higher. It now threatens to interfere with satellites and expect internet to go out soon.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Michael Terrell snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Except you forgot to tell yourself amid your dementia... that YOU won't be lasting several years. Ooops!

Maybe they'll use it to line your coffin, not that you deserve one of those either.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jan Panteltje snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:sh76rt$f3p$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Did you smoke any of it?

Mary had a little cram, little cram, little cram... She shat it out on the Earth... Up sprang what Mary spawned...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Incidentally also note how the Americans who tend to be the loudest supporters of the idea of "limited government" almost invariably also tend to support three of the most extreme powers the State has ever had: the power to invade other nations by fiat, the power to execute citizens, and the power to force women to give birth.

Even the Politburo would have been envious of the authority invested in US states and its Federal government. Hell, even the kings and feudal barons of old often operated under more rigorous constraints from their constituents.

I expect if you took excerpts from the Magna Carta and told the average American it was actually from the Communist Manifesto he would surely denounce it all thoroughly as an abomination.

Reply to
bitrex

Since you hate "average" Americans and the USA to much, why are you still here?

Reply to
jlarkin

My great-great-great-great grandparents fought the Revolution and wrote the documents that created the USA in the first place - what would I leave for? Nah we've been here a long time, Frisco, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Reply to
bitrex

It may be because there is no better place to go. Just as I worked a job for a year that I hated. The pay was good and jobs paying as much or more was hard to find. Finally found a better job.

There is always hope the country will improve.

One good thing about America is there are lots of states to choose from and some are better suited to some people than others.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

There are a number of states (like Texas for example) I'd prefer to never reside in. I live not far from where arguably the United States began at the battles of Lexington and Concord, where much of my family has always been for 275 years and more. Not a bad place to live.

You pay a high cost of living and taxes to be here nowadays but that's not because it's an unpopular place to be, and I can at least be guaranteed at the present time that if I have some medical emergency unrelated to Covid the hospitals won't be overflowing with Covid patients looking for any and every experimental treatment to be thrown at them, after rejecting "unproven" vaccines.

Reply to
bitrex

Oh, I get it. You're a New England blueblood snob. You have contempt for the US West because all the best technology and the best women are here now.

Reply to
jlarkin

Half of them are around here half the time anyway at their second or third house.

Reply to
bitrex

National "unity" is definitely overrated. Nazi Germany had national unity was it a nice place to live? Great place to raise a family? Yeah that's what they called it "A nice place to live"

Reply to
bitrex

NOPE. They have already been brainwashed against us by their great leader. So maybe we should drop descriptive flyers and nutrition bars first.