Chevy Volt batteries

:

..

cquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that com pany. So your post is just another lie.

You're missing the bigger point--once the federal government has the power to confiscate people's money and speculate use it to speculate, that's what happens. There's no avoiding it--that's what people always do with a pot of other people's money: fight.

That's why the Founding dudes set up a federal gov't that's only supposed to do certain listed things, not take our liberty, jobs, and labor to blindly speculate in bogus tech companies.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

ote:

ee...

ious

ay

ey

s acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that company. So your post is just another lie.

is the American way.

President Obama calls it "getting your fair share."

Inherently, the bigger it gets, the more people are tempted. Eventually, they'll have no choice. When the government takes so much that you can barely get by, they own you. Own you. Obama's put record numbers of people in that position. Ironic, isn't it?

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

te:

e...

ous

acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that c ompany. So your post is just another lie.

These were government investments made to create jobs and stimulate the eco nomy, they were not made to enrich cronies, unlike some of the Bush adminis tration purchases. Care to explain just how A123 was bogus, what was the sh am there?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

oyee...

erious

play

icey

is acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for tha t company. So your post is just another lie.

nt is the American way.

This is happening because everyone is screaming for the government TO DO SO METHING about the economy. Like or leave it, this is what the majority of p eople in this country want, and the majority rules.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Proof that you're an idiot.

If underground nukes didn't trigger earthquakes a few well placed drill head charges certainly won't.

Reply to
MrTallyman

Uh-huh, and underground nukes were tested in completely different geological areas like Pennsylvania, Texas, Ohio...

Proof that you're an idiot: your post.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

:

rote:

yee...

rious

lay

cey

is acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that company. So your post is just another lie.

conomy, they were not made to enrich cronies, unlike some of the Bush admin istration purchases. Care to explain just how A123 was bogus, what was the sham there?

The sham is that nobody needed that. The people are supposed to decide those things, not Feds.

Taking our money to support A123, the gov't makes it harder for us to support other, better things that people really want. Harder to support ourselves, too.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

Fracking does produce tiny earthquakes. Not enough to spill much beer.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

And the engineers lost their pensions.

zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that company. So your post is just another lie.

the American way.

The Democrats, in the 1960's, discovered that that could use government money to create an underclass that would reliably vote for them. I love Caesar Chavez' summary of the situation. He told poor farmworkers not to use birth control because it "reduces the numerical power of the poor."

The "What's Wrong with Kansas?" perplexity of the leftists stems from the fact that some people still have principles. Leftists are dumbfounded by principles.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

As did Delphi employees. Obama's key word is "Union".

Reply to
krw

Underclass? Are you talking about Romney's 47%?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

economy, they were not made to enrich cronies, unlike some of the Bush administration purchases. Care to explain just how A123 was bogus, what was the sham there?

James,

The government used less than $1 of your money to try to encourage what was hoped would be both American technology to battle foreign competition and creation of jobs. Creating jobs is "job 1" at the moment in my opinion. I can't say these efforts were a total waste.

As to the dollar, send me a SASE and I'll mail you the dollar. I don't mind doing good things with my money, even if they don't always work out. Oh, and I'll send you the $2 for Solyndra. Send it to.

Taxpayer Bailout

4 King Ave. Frederick, MD 21701

If anyone else is this angry that the government tried to do a good thing which didn't work perfectly, please send me a SASE. I'll return $3 to the first 100 I receive. Maybe I'll do more depending on my finances...

BTW, right now there is a battle over the A123 assets between an American company and a Chinese company. Do you want to let the free market reign and let the highest bidder win? That would be the Chinese company at the moment at $465 Million!

Rick

Reply to
rickman

I'd assume that nobody would elect to build new coal plants, and that older ones would be converted to gas or shut down because they aren't competitive. Clean coal would be even more expensive, and CO2 sequestration would be impossibly expensive.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

loyee...

serious

ricey

y is acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for th at company. So your post is just another lie.

re

ent is the American way.

This is evil:

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

serious

pricey

acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that company. So your post is just another lie.

is the American way.

The corn-to-ethanol program makes food unafordable, which fits right into expanding the food stamp program.

That *is* evil, manufacturing dependancy. It will increase the rich/poor split in the USA, the "numerical power of the poor." All by design. How much was Ted Kennedy worth? How about Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Harry Reid?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

employee...

he serious

play

d pricey

oney is acquired. Both Republican and Democrat politicians were pushing for that company. So your post is just another lie.

DP,

uch

, so

where

rnment is the American way.

Here's current stuff on the impact of ethanol on food prices:

/

That article says we're headed from E10% to E15% gas, thanks to the EPA.

To their credit, I'd thought Democrats were pushing to end ethanol subsidies. (I lost track of what happened to that, another problem with a gov't that meddles in everything: no one can keep up. So, there's no effective oversight by the citizens.)

More acutely, how did they "earn" it?

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

What is evil about trying to reach everyone who qualifies for food stamps?

Rick

Reply to
rickman

If you elect Romney, you will "electing" to build new "clean coal" power plants... at least if you can believe Romney. I have heard him talk about promoting "clean coal" a number of times, even when he isn't in coal country!

Rick

Reply to
rickman

It's going to be a sad day for many if Obama does not win, it may even put a smile on my face. :)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie