Cheap PCB prototpes?

Are they identical boards? We can probably get 100 for $50.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I did a simular PCB from PCBcart.com.

I was comparing the price with youPCB.com, but I can not seem to get that done today. ( Oh yea, its Saturday )

I sent a message to tech support. Maybe I'll get it done on Monday.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Are you talking about this link?

it works for.

If I remember correctly, if you have same designs in a single file and the single gerber file is under 10cmx10cm, they would cut it for you, e.g you board is 5cm x 10cm, you can put 2 boards in your gerber file and it is still under 10x10cm.

Reply to
brisk5181

Yes, I got 400 ( 10 panels of 4x10 each) for $167.09 from PCBcart.

I do not need that many this pass, so $50 looks very attractive.

Which site would offer this price (100 for $50) ?

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Any PCB shop in Shenzhen would do it for that price. We just have to arrange for someone to pay there and ship it here.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

I just tried your link, I added measurements and clicked next.

On page 'steptwo' I can not select Panel ?!

I am using Firefox, maybe I have some sort of "blocker" turned on, I'll check.

Thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I tried PCBcart this morning, the lowest price I can get is ~$150 for more then I need. ( they seem to have a minimum amount they need to do anything)

If you have another site that you have used, I would like to check it out.

There are just too many sites for hit-n-miss searching.

Thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I just ran a quote at PCBcart.com

3.937008" x 3.937008", Panel

Lead Time: in 12 days Tooling cost: $72.10 *one-time Unit Price: $10.38 Quantity: 5 Total: $124.00

Lead Time: in 12 days Tooling cost: $72.10 *one-time Unit Price: $ 6.50 Quantity: 10 Total: $137.100

Can not get a $50 price at all.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

will

rrange for someone to pay there and ship it here.

.

I use United.com or Delta.com

When i was there, i did couple of 1.5" x 1.3" for $60 and 1.4" x 1.2" for $

  1. For the second batch, I paid them Friday and pickup the boards Monday. Seems like they work round the clock. Unfortunately, i am at the wrong s ide of the Pacific right now and it takes at least two weeks to ship and cl ear custom.
Reply to
edward.ming.lee

If you order 100 PCS as individual pieces, 0.7 inch by 1.1 inch, youpcb.com shipped price is $48.

On the first page type in 1.1 and 0.7, select inch, then select 100PCS, next page shows you $48 shipped.

Reply to
brisk5181

If you are ok with individual boards, you can get 100PCS of 0.7 inch by 1.1 inch for $48 shipped.

Reply to
brisk5181

10cm

ll

I just checked

$47.56 for 100pcs, two layers, max outline 5x5cm

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Ok, I'll try that.

Thanks !

hamilton

PS: Just tried it out, yes that works !!

Reply to
hamilton

We gave up using pcbcart (in the face orising pricing) in favour of pcbwing.com. Try their on-line calculator.

Reply to
pedro

are generally better priced than pcbcart nowadays.

Reply to
pedro

OK, checked my order from youpcb.com, no additional fees.

for example, if your pcb is 1cm x 1 cm, than you can put 100 PCS of the same design in a new gerber file, which is 10cm x 10cm, however don't forgot to put v-score lines so they can v-cut it for you.

if you have different designs in one single Gerber file, then there will be additional costs.

Reply to
brisk5181

Their quote was $27 including shipping which is eXcellent (get 3 PCBs) so i would need to go thru the hassle to generate Gerbers. I do so little of that with Eagle that it takes me forever to figure out the magic needed. Beats Atlas and advantages are *hold traces, *desired PCB thickness. Thanks!

Reply to
Robert Baer

WOW!!! Seventeen dollars for ONE board;almost impossible to beat. At that price,i can afford to ignore that the 4 holes are not PTH, and if i decided to be crude on my needs, the 20mil trace specs could be tolerated. Why so thick? I used to do that at home back in the old daze of physical tape-outs and KPR no films. Gotta ask him what happens to 7mil traces spaced 7mils apart,and what board thickness is available. THANKS!

Reply to
Robert Baer

You don't need to exclude testing and soldermask for youpcb.com, because as far as I know, testings are FREE for prototype PCBs, and ANY soldermask colors (both sides) are also FREE for prototype and volume orders.

For you spec:

0.5x1.4 inch, 0.047 thick, blue soldermask (since it is free), tested, 50 PCS, pcb cost is $29, about $0.6 each, shipping is $17. Less than half of pcbcart's price.

PCB Price: USD 29.00, Shipp> hamilt> Preliminary quote from YouPCB for three (minimum) boards 0.5x1.4

Reply to
brisk5181

V-groove leaves nasty edges. Last batch of PCBs I bought the supplier shifted to sheared from routed outlines (which are pretty nasty too). Didn't see them until we received hundreds of assembled boards. 8-(

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany