Atmel ADC S&H switch on-resistance

Hello,

Does anyone know a ballpark value for Atmel's ADC S&H switch on-resistance? It is not in the datasheet, it seems.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Yeh... what part?

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

atmega8 Or any of their 8 bit microcontrollers.. (I think they're all mostly the same ADC-wise)

Reply to
Johann Klammer

nevermind, I've found something..

Johann Klammer

I recall something like 10k + 4pF from the datasheet... good to know someone made their own measurements and found similar results. Thanks,

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
Reply to
Tim Williams

..on DuckDuckGo, I did not measure anything myself, just to be clear...

They do have a diagram in their data sheets that gives the resistor as

1..10k Ohm, which leaves some space for guessing...
Reply to
Johann Klammer

Oops, wrong. it says 1..100k which is even more off

Atmega 8(L) datasheet Rev. 2486Q-10/06 page 202

Reply to
Johann Klammer

That's probably just shitty work on their part, but high ohm silicon paths are notoriously inconsistent; they are matched on chip (hence precise stable ratios, e.g., the R-R-R divider in the '555), but the absolute value has something like 3:1 uncertainty (10k might be 3 or 30k, say).

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com
Reply to
Tim Williams

For instance, the pull-up resistor is guaranteed 20-50k ohms, which is relatively tight as these things go IIRC. Depends on technique too (long trace vs. pinched trace).

Tim