Centigrade or Celsius ?

Hi,

I grew up using Fahrenheit, then centigrade and now Celsius.

The true and whacky story.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Interesting explanation of this. My old reference books use centigrade, and I was taught it was just an archaic usage, but not wrong.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

He sure loves to wave his hands around...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote: ================

** He looks and sounds like he has been trained in public speaking. It's a technique to keep the listeners attention by emphasising particular words and phrases.

There is little need for it with that vid, where he only appears intermittently.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Fri, 24 Dec 2021 13:48:51 -0800) it happened Robert Baer snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote in <16c3cf3a9f3196ef$1$3804014$ snipped-for-privacy@news.thecubenet.com>:

Once went to the local doctor after I was bitten by a tick and got a red spot on my arm She asked : Did you have a temperature? I said no, and gave here it in degrees Kelvin. She said: Did you measure that or calculate it? We had some interesting discussion how I measured that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje