cell phone booster

Can't be. Depending on the neighborhood he wouldn't have lost just the signal but the cell phone, wallet, credit cards, watch :-)

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

44 years ago, in DC, walking back from dinner with 5 other Motorola guys, cabby stops and advises us it's unsafe to walk in that neighborhood. We say we're OK. Cabby says, get in, ride is free, you're not safe, takes us to our hotel.

DC is probably worse now.

(We tipped the cabby :)

That was the second "nice cabby" event I experienced in DC. In 1961, I'm driving from Boston to WV via the grandparents in Pendleton County, coming thru DC I get lost in those "spoke" streets. Stop and ask a cabby for directions to the Arlington Bridge. He says, "Follow me"!! ...Jim Thompson

       The Ground Zero Mosque IS Appropriate When Renamed...
            The Obama Monument to American Impotence

in

even

party.

Kinko's?

Every state has a different idea of what welfare is. In Vermont it's the hick in the sticks, in Kalifornika they're more worried about public employees.

Yepper! As long as my phones work it's not going to happen.

The charging circuit *should* take care of that. Any idiot that uses LiIons or LiPos without such protections needs a visit from their liability insurance company.

I can get that plan, but it's more. It's supposed to be $70 for one line, and the second is $10, I think. We have 750min/mo. We've only once used that and that was the month we moved down here (she was there, I was here, and the movers and realtors needed hand-holding, too). Other than that, if we use

200min it's a *lot*. I use *maybe* three. ;-)
Reply to
krw

that.

and

in

good

even

party.

Kinko's?

which

distance

This is not a welfare rate (they get phone service for free AFAIK). This is a regular AT&T land line at the usual rate, with the long distance part cut out of the mix because I have a 3rd party no-fee plan for that.

So I really do not understand why Jim was paying through the nose there. He gave us conflicting numbers but whichever is correct, both are way high.

Baby that Li-Ion battery in there. Those are very expensive.

Well, they are protected. But most gadgets take the voltage really close to the brim to maintain bragging rights about battery life in their products, and this ain't healthy, makes the battery age faster than it has to. There is a reason why hybrid cars typically do not exceed 80% charge and don't let it drop below 30%. Li-Ion has a similar sweet range.

Ok, if the 2nd phone is $10 that's fine. But I have seen couples where the husband had the same calling habits as you and I, and was on a $50/mo high-usage plan like others in the family. Made not sense.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

D.C. is the only place ever where I saw numerous beggars and panhandlers in suit and tie. Couldn't believe it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Nowadays, those cabbies still say the same thing, only you don't know it because E2L became S1L, or whatever. (or insert the foreign language of your choice).

Reply to
mpm

te:

rote:

with my

phone

of that.

phone and

), just in

the best?)

ffer good

don't even

now I

.

ed the

ng of

dd up to

ff from

t one.

t 3rd party.

at a

kin off

zero

d the

to Kinko's?

sign

ally see

lan.

the same

se more

per

iple

ould

ding the

a cable

o.) which

ng distance

the hick

es.

h.

ntract

LiIons

surance

line, and

ed that and

he

e use

Business lines often cost more than residential lines. (landlines) Even though both have the same feature sets. Maybe that's it. ??

Reply to
mpm

Pandering, not panhandling. There's a difference. :) !!

Reply to
mpm

One night, just before Christmas, my wife, in-laws, mother, and I were driving around DC. Well, I was driving. I'd gotten lost, but it's really hard to get lost in DC. Drive one direction until you see something familiar and off you go. We were in a pretty bad area, stopped at a stop light. On the corner were three women, all dressed in short skirts, rabbit fir, and spikes. My mother starts rolling down her window. We all yell at her asking what she's doing! "I want to hear the Christmas Carrolers."

Congressman panhandler, though it's a close call.

Reply to
krw

-->

?

Since HD414 pads apparently fit Grado SR60/SR80 headphones, if you search for "grado sr60 pads" there's another few hits that might work the other way around as well...

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

"Service and Support", then "Parts & Accessories", then select "HD

414" from the menu.

They carry the ear cushions ($4.35 per set) and the cable assembly.

Dave Platt

Thanks. But yellow ... ugh ... I think I go for the Grado then.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Interesting. Last time I contacted them I got no responses.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Kinda shy on details. $200 or so for equipment and less than $5/mo? It would make sense against Skype if i did not have some people to call on Skype.

Reply to
JosephKK

If you check around (e.g. at ham-radio and electronic swap meets and surplus-electronics stores) you can often find used IP telephones and ATAs (analog telephone adapters) inexpensively. I've bought several for under $10 each... all of them speak the fairly-standard SIP protocol well enough to be useful.

You should generally avoid those which were originally sold for Vonage use, as these are typically "locked" to Vonage and are often hard or impossible to switch to other providers.

If you find one which isn't locked, you can arrange to use it on your own broadband connection, via an account with any of numerous SIP call providers. There are all sorts of plans available, ranging from "All the calls you want, to nearly anywhere, and an inbound phone number, for a fixed price per month" to purely a la carte (e.g. $2/month for an inbound phone number, plus a penny or so per minute in or out for phone calls anywhere in the U.S.). These providers usually have a "ByoB" plan - you "bring your own box" (adapter or SIP phone) rather than buying their bundled version, as Vontage and Ooma seem to do.

If you get a bit more sophisticated you can fairly easily arrange to make calls to people who also have IP telephony, for $0.00 per minute (i.e. direct IP calling).

Dave Platt

There is at least one web page about building a Linux based Skype phone system. I found it when looking for Ethernet based Skype compatible phones.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell